Saturday, June 25, 2011

Moving!!!

A decision has finally been reached. And I think it's about time.



This is the place we're moving:

Flagstaff Arizona


And this is where Sam will be going to school - Northern Arizona University - to study more mechanical engineering.

And I am SOOO excited! (Don't you just love the architecture of this building? I've got to find out what it is and photograph it myself!)

You see, it's a great place to be. We can still have snow but not the Idaho kind of nasty icy snow that sticks around for 6 months at a time. I honestly don't know if Sam could truly be happy somewhere where it didn't snow at least some each winter. I've heard the wind blows here all the time, but I imagine it will be quite different than the bitter cold Rexburg wind that can make you feel cold when it's 70 degrees outside.

Plus Sam promised a long time ago - when he first applied to NAU - that he would take me here if we moved to Arizona:

How insane is it that I have never seen the Grand Canyon? Way too insane. It's on my list of 100 things to do before I die. I'm so excited to be moving closer to this beautiful place on earth.

And I want to go here:

The only place in the United Sates where four states meet at a perfect corner. I can be in 4 places at once! How cool is that? Plus I've never been to New Mexico and if I want to get to all 50 states I've got to go there sometime.


And I should definitely go here too:

Kartchner Caverns named for Grandma MacCabe's family - somewhere down the line. They found these beautiful caverns and I've always wanted to see them. Plus I'm related to them. Cool huh?

We'll be in Arizona for at least 2 years while Sam works on his degree either in Product Design or Alternative Energy. He's still not certain on exactly what program to go into - but they have both. The main this is that we finally know where we're moving in August. And I'm way excited.

I am not looking forward to meeting lots of scorpions - but I do want to see some at night - I understand they glow in the dark. So long as they're not in my house at night...actually, so long as they're not in my house period...but at least I know how to react to them. My cousin Katie blogged all about it. Thanks Katie!