Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Baby does the blogging - 9 months





This has been a big month for me! I took my first unsupported steps on the 2nd and since then I've been bravely attempting one or two steps on my own a couple of times a day. I can't wait to walk! I have also learned how to go up and down stairs and I can stand up from sitting on something without using any hands. I will eat anything Mom doesn't take away from me - I especially love paper. I decided I don't like formula any more so now I get to drink real milk. Mom found a cup for me that is in between a sippy cup and a bottle and I LOVE it!


I have been sleeping through the night this past week - every night but one! I usually go to bed around 7 and wake up at 5:30 or so for a little drink and a hug. Then I usually go back to sleep for an hour or two. It sure is making us all happier when I sleep through the night.



The ants have figured out I live here and I love to eat food. Well, at least they have figured out I love to try to feed myself and most of my food ends up on the floor. Mom is going kind of crazy. She is going to find ant traps at the stores since sweeping twice a day is not keeping them out. I can't help it though - I just HAVE to feed myself!



I enjoy waving "bye-bye" to people and I have also learned to "rar" people. Grandpa says my roar is about as (un) scary as my mom's used to be when she was little - only deeper. I also say, "Da da da!" a lot (to both Mom and Dad and just when I can't think of anything else to say). I am also remembering I know how to clap. I still find it incredibly fascinating and will sit and watch my hands go together over and over. It makes Mom laugh.

I love to be a part of whatever action is going on around me. If I hear Caleb in the other room I definitely have to follow him and check things out. I love wrestling with Dad and Caleb. We always have so much fun!