Thursday, April 26, 2012

Squirt does the blogging


Mom said that now that I'm 2 and a half that I can update the blog again. I've been waiting for about forever to update the blog!

Music is still one of my favorite things in the world - though lately I've been expanding my iTunes library. In addition to Crush and I've got a Dream (which are still the top two on my list) my new favorite songs are Here Comes the Sun (Beatles), and American Pie (Don McLean). I have also recently discovered lots of fun kid songs. My favorites are 'Wain down' (The wise man and the foolish man), Wheels on the bus, Itsy Bitsy spider, Snowman, Sunbeam, and of course, my all time favorite Primary song, Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes. I am often singing and I always ask Mom to turn on the iTunes and dance with me. She says I'm getting too heavy though - because she can't sing and dance with me for very long. Sometimes Mom dances with Emmett and I dance with Tey.


I also love to talk. I am starting to remember things very quickly. I learned who President Uchtdorf was over Conference weekend. Now when I pray for President Monson I have to make sure to add President Uchtdorf too. I am always talking to Emmett. Often I tell him, "So-kay baby. Mama's gotcha. Caleb's here." Some other funny things I have said recently:

(in a very dramatic voice)"Uhhhh-ohhh. Where's my daddy? I don't knoooooow."
(when asked, what does a raven say) "never more"
"____________ in the sky with diamonds" (usually airplane)
"Emmett is a hungry elephant."


I like to pretend I am a rhino. Aunt Terese showed me how to use my finger as a horn. I like to roar at people. Mom keeps saying I need to ask before I roar someone - but I don't get why...Sometimes I ask anyway - but I rarely wait for an answer. Everyone wants to be roared when I am a scary rhino!

Lately I've decided I don't like baths. Mom doesn't like this because she used to have an hour of entertainment for me while I played in the bath tub. Now I only take a bath for a few minutes most times. 

I love that we have a new car. Every time we go somewhere I ask if we can go in the new car. I can see out the windows so much better now! I often yell "Bingo!" Mom says I'm just supposed to say that when I see a yellow car - but I just like yelling it whenever.

Mom has been teaching me about full names. I usually call myself C. Thomas Robbins or Caleb C. Thomas Robbins. Almost everyone else is their name then C. Thomas Robbins. Emmett is the exception. He is usually Emmett C. Steven Thomas Robbins. I am very good at remembering names. I remember most of the names of the kids in Nursery and I sing about them all week long. I am also fascinated by learning who is a boy and who is a girl. But I don't really know the difference. I have a 50 % chance of guessing and I remember once I'm told - but I have no idea how to figure that out on my own.
Recently Dad was teaching me about trading. He had fruit snacks and I had raisins. I asked him for a fruit snack and he told me I had to give him a raisin. So I gave him a raisin and he gave me a fruit snack. Then I wanted another one. He said we had to do a trade. So I went over, got a whole handful of raisins and on my way back to Dady I shoved them all in my mouth. I then asked Dad for more fruit snacks. He said I had to give him a raisin. So I went back to the raisins and got another handful. I carefully pulled out one to give to Dad, then got a fruit snack - and shoved the rest of the raisins and the fruit snack into my mouth. Boy trading is great!

This is the birthday message I wrote for Uncle Cody yesterday:

nc nnnnnnnnvnvvcvvvvvvvvvvv vvvvvtt33-pppppe0oiurt,..jnjklgfldhgklrfkhkflcmn tuirdcjh gb jjhhhhhyhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww66652``QQIGADFJK-
.FFHHHGJNNNNF.J
Translation: Cody - no write love you now - write Happ Day to you now. Uh - oh. Cody and a Bryce. And a Caleb. Baby lion a computer. Cody's a 'Cabe. Emmett's awake. Talkin' a Caleb (aka - we should video chat again sometime).



I guess that's about it for now. I have lots of other things I have to do today besides blogging. I mean, there's chalk, and bubbles, and rainbow rice, and water beads, and cars, and running, and hollering, and singing, and talking, and calling Grandma on the phone, and watching movies, and... Yes, I am a busy two year old.